Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: May 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: Music for use Freeciv

To: <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Music for use Freeciv
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:53:27 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 29 May 2002, van Kooten wrote:
> I may have some good news,
>
> Just recently I've been in contact with Chris Abbot from C64Audio
> (www.c64audio.com). C64Audio is a studio for professionaly recorded C64/Amiga
> music which are sold on CD. Naturally those songs are copyrighted  but
> sometimes C64Audio (with permission) will allow a track to be used for games
> (mostly budget games). When I asked him if we could use some for Freeciv he
> said we could use one or two from the CD BiT3! :)
>
> The question know is: "How does Freeciv handle this?" Freeciv doesn't play
> music at the moment and there's also the GPL. Would that also include the
> music? Or keep it in a separate download with a disclaimer?
>
> I guess these issues would have to be settled first, can it be done?

The GPL does not carry over from the program to the graphics and sound, so
we can safely use any license we want for the music, sound and graphics.

But what format is it, where can I download it and aren't those tunes
really remixes of someone else's music (I went to the site and saw only a
lot of remixes)?

Yours,
Per

"It is difficult to catch a black cat in a
dark room. Especially if there is no cat
there." - Confucius