Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: May 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxx>, <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:45:28 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> Does the will exist within the Freeciv community to do a
> from-the-ground-up review of the tech tree?  The more I think about it,
> the more excited I am about the possibilities.  However, I think most
> everyone who has really studied it will agree that the tech tree's
> relationship to any historical reality is at times rather tenuous.
>
> If the community would embrace such a project, I would surely be game.

Absolutely. There is no reason why Freeciv shouldn't include more
alternative rulesets. If one of these prove to be more popular than
default, well, good reason for making it the default next time around.

I am playing mostly with an alternative ruleset myself, as I love having
workers separate from settlers, among other things.

(Please move this debate over to freeciv-data, BTW.)

Yours,
Per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21