Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Nations classification again

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Nations classification again
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Aug 2000 15:36:51 +0200

* "Robert" == Robert Brady schrieb am Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:53:00 +0100 (BST):

[I am only posting this to freeciv-data]

> like to see at least the following nations added -

> Eurasia afghans, albanians, armenians, assamese, austrians, basques,
> bengalis, bretons, britons (celts), burmese, bulgarians, corsicans,
> cypriots, dalmatians, etruscans, gauls, georgians, goths,
                                  ^^^^^^
Aren't they in principle included in the French ruleset? At least
there is a leader Vercingetorix.

> indonesians, tajiks, khmer, laos, kashmiris, khazaks, malaysians,
> maltese, normans, norweigans, ottomans, orissans, pakistanis,
> phoenecians, prussians, punjabis, romanians, sardinians, saxons,
               ^^^^^^^^^^                                  ^^^^^^
I can do them. Which people do you mean by Saxons? Saxons as in
Angle-Saxons or as in Kingdom of Saxonia with Dresden as capital?

> sinhalese, slovaks, swiss, tamils, tatars, tibetans, uzbeks,
> uighirs, yi, vandals.

> Oceania hawaiians, fijiians, maori, papuans, samoans.

> Americas colombians, cubans, jamaicans, greenlanders, inuit,
> mexicans, navajos, newfoundlanders, quebecois.

> Africa cameroons, congo, ethiopians, gambians, ivorians,
> madagascans, nigerians, liberians, libyans, mali, rhodesians,
> morrocans, sierra leone, somalis, tunisians.

I would like to add: Xhosa, Swazi, Herero, maybe some more tribes
instead of former colonies.

It might be difficult to get a proper flag for some of them.

Another question: I do not like the use of the South African flag for
Zulus. There are other people in RSA, too. I found two possible flags:
The flag of the Inkatha Freedom Party, which is often associated with
Zulus. <http://fotw.digibel.be/images/za-zulu.gif>

And the flag of the former Homeland KwaZulu:
<http://fotw.digibel.be/images/za-kzulu.gif>

Which one is more appropriate?

Cheers,
        Gerhard