Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] City improvement

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx, Robinson <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] City improvement
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:06:13 +0200 (MET DST)

[moved to freeciv-data, where it belongs]

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Robinson wrote:
> There should be an 'elite' level of experience that goes beyond
> veteran. It should have a chance of occurring every time the unit kills

I think this is a rather good idea. It would add some extra flavour to the
game.

> Agricultural support between civilisations should be possible in the
> diplomacy screen. Theoretically, it should be possible to create a
> trading city (like Singapore), which has a population of 30 (supported
> by agricultural links) and 30 trade routes (which pay for the
> agriculture... and then some).

Per-civilization food storage (as opposed to per-city food storage) might
be an idea. This would reduce micromanagement, and coupled with trade
treaties (automatically exchanging food for gold when needed) could give
some interesting new strategies (you can't go to war against a
civilization that provides half your food supplies).

> If it is possible for me to get onto this mailing list, please email me
> at warpaint@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Send "subscribe freeciv-data" to "majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx".

Yours,
Per