Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: Fascism government-only patch

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Fascism government-only patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 11:01:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Reed Meyer wrote:
> Here's an extraction from the more-general "fascism" patch posted earlier,
> which contains only the code for adding a Fascism GOVERNMENT TYPE.  I will
> also shortly post an extraction which adds the "fascism" new UNITS AND
> TECHS.

I see no reason to introduce Fascism as a government type. It would be
much better to add Fanaticism, which is very similar, and which can be
used for scenarios involving fascist governments.

Indoctrination, SS units and panzer do not belong in the default
ruleset. Too specialized. Freeciv is a game that spans over
thousands of years. If you want to make a WWII scenario, you should make
your own ruleset files anyway, preferably with lots of different WWII
units, so I do not see the need.

Yours,
Per