Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: Fascism government-only patch

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Juan Cortes <cortes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Fascism government-only patch
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 02:05:09 +0200

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 08:16:01PM -0400, Reed Meyer wrote:
>      Also, please note that this government type was designed under
> freeciv 1.10, BEFORE Reputation/treaties/etc. had begun to be implemented.
> I want to ultimately incorporate Reputation/etc. restrictions on Fascism
> in a final version.  Please see discussion on the "fascism patch" topic in
> [Freeciv-Dev] for possibilities as to how Reputation/etc. penalties will
> be implemented.  Please do also post your own ideas, of course.  I still
> consider Fascism (the government type) very much a work in progress.  The
> one feature that is "etched in stone" is the defining feature of Fascism
> in freeciv game terms, the +1 resource per tile bonus (for squares already
> generating at least 1 resource).

Reputation is really only a hint for AI,
and I don't think we should damage AI algorithms that way.
If fascist gov really acts like 3rd Reich did, reputation will fall.
But if they acted like Franco's Spain, reputation will stay high.

There are many places for adding handicaps
and AI code is probably the worse one.