Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: July 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:50:51 +0200

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 05:04:31PM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:
> We agree on the arguments!

Not necesarily.

Some people claim that freeciv would be illegal in .de,
but as they haven't shown any precedence, I think these
claims are plainly bogus.

> We also seem to agree on the resolution, which is
> to offer the Nazis separately from the main Freeciv distribtion.

There is one more reason why I don't agree with this exclusion.

Flags aren't diffed well in curent scheme (and would diff even worse with
binary flagset format), so every time new flag wil be added to freeciv,
Nazi.patch will have to be remade. If you can find nice scheme one
can add this flag to any flagset, exclusion will be ok.