Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: July 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Draft for a new logo

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Draft for a new logo
From: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:43:08 +0200

> One other question, are all the images you used un-copyrighted, or in the
> public domain?

The globe is from "desktop-backgrounds-1.0.0-6.noarch.rpm"
which came with RedHat 6.1.

[mathias@sam mathias]$ rpm -qi desktop-backgrounds
[...] License: LGPL [...]

And since it's a NASA foto from an Apollo mission it
should have been in the public domain already before
the people at RedHat found it...

And if not - then RedHat has the problem... :)

The map was found at http://gauss.suub.uni-bremen.de/.
Since this is public project financed from taxes and the
map digitized from the archives of a public library it
should be in the public domain too. But I will ensure this.

I could have used a map I own myself - but it only shows
Germany in very old times... And even if its looks very
old and is not new (should be above 50 years) it is not
an original one...

Ciao
--
PGP: 1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/