Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2005:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#12451) ai taxes

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#12451) ai taxes
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 03:08:40 -0800

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Mateusz Stefek wrote:
> Very often when I watch the AI it keeps changing it's tax rates.
> One turn it has 100% science, in the next turn 100% tax, and 100%
> science again in the next turn. Indefinitely.
> Is this intentional?

It is not intentional. What happens, I think, is that it gives priority as
much as it can to science, and then runs its treasure down to the minimum.
This causes the AI to bump the want for gold, and jack up the tax rates.
It is also possible it caused things it wants to buy (production).

I would have to look closer at this, but I am unsure how bad this problem
is.

> I have some savegames if you want.

Savegames are always good.