Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: June 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Coments on AI

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Coments on AI
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:54:56 +0200

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 12:25:33AM +0200, Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    Since the commit of the rampage_want and related functions, the ones
> that allow an armour to attack an objective two-three tiles away in the
> same turn, the units defending the cities use to attack more often. I
> think this is bad!
>
>    You can always have two units to attack a city. This first will die
> or survive, but the second will conquer the city, because the defend is
> damaged or has dead in the previous attack.
>
>    And worst, they often attack even though the attacking unit is in a
> hill or forest!!

In a game 1-2 weeks ago I saw this more aggressive habit, and I thought this
not being too bad. But I also saw that good defended cities do this until
they are *empty*. The city should keep at least some good defending units.

Even if attacking gives a better chance to win, this is not necessarily a
better chance to survive: to overcome a defender you need two moves, one to
destroy it, and another to enter the city.

0,02 EUR

Christian