Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: paratroopers

To: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: paratroopers
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:37:05 +0000 (GMT)

Regarding this patch:

I promise to playtest it soon.

However, I am very uncertain if this is the road we want to go down. We
have begun to write very specialized 'code modules' for unit capabilities,
assuming in the process that unit capabilities will not be mixed, or that
a more generalized approach may not prove better in the long run.

The core problem is that find_something_to_kill() and related functions
are so horrible that I and Greg pretty much gave up on cleaning them up.
But none of us have as of yet started coding its replacement. This is
really a task that needs doing, and is the most urgent AI war code task.
Adding more code to this mess may only make it more difficult to rewrite
it.

I hope to make a more comprehensive writeup on this issue soon, as well,
detailing my and Greg's plan in more detail.