[freeciv-ai] A TODO list for AI
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
This is mostly a repost of an earlier post, since there are a few new
people here who said they wanted to bite into the AI. A good way to learn
how it works is to make small changes to it. Here is a list of the
smaller changes the AI needs desperately (AI diplomacy not included):
- The AI does not understand that some buildings replace the need for
others. See http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2604
- The AI does not understand that some Wonders become obsolete and should
want them less for it.
- AI builds cities without regard to danger at that location. Make that
stop. (We might run assess_danger() on a virtual city, for example.)
- AI doesn't know how to make trade routes or when. It should try to
build trade routes for its best cities (most building bonuses and
least corruption) by moving caravans there and changing homecity.
- Convert more AI code to pf (common/aicore/path_finding.c)
- The AI should clean up more pollution. See
- (PR#814) engineers (settlers?) do not irrigate/upgrade cities' terrain
(their city center) when in mode auto-settler
- (PR#1490) Wonder obsolescence / AI tech goals. The AI should not be so
eager to research techs that would obsolete existing wonders that it has.
(And maybe be more eager to research techs that obsolete enemy wonders?)
This is particularily important concerning Great Library.
- Better coordination of 'Rapture', ie trying to make cities celebrate so
that they can grow, tying in the use of luxuries, elvises and tax. Never
try half-way (as the AI often does now), either go for rapture or only do
as much luxuries as necessary to avoid revolution/unrest.
- Make AI build explorers. Just add a function that evaluates the best
unit to build as explorer, then add some wild ass guess (WAG) as to how
much we want it, perhaps based on amount of unexplored terrain. First
check if the continent is fully explored, though. That is already done in
- [freeciv-ai] A TODO list for AI,
Per I. Mathisen <=