Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2003:
[freeciv-ai] New settler code v12

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] New settler code v12
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:57:43 +0000 (GMT)

Attached is a new settler code by Per hacked in an ugly way to send
settlers abroad.  It does what it should do, although not very
efficiently, I must say.

Ferry code had to be kludged and hacked too.

For testing I used the attached savegame.  Watch the settlers go to the
other island and establish cities.  If you disband the settlers, the old
cities will build new ones and send them over.

Plan is to (1) separate the ferry code hacks, civilize them and commit.
(2) tune settlers and commit

Tuning is necessary because, for example, in settle3.gz they don't
establish a city next to the 4th whale on the main island -- something
that I would have done.

Also right now I use to estimate the time for the settlers to sail abroad.
I have a nasty feeling that I can use real_map_distance with same degree
of accuracy (i.e. crap).

Settlers building boats is not implemented yet.