Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: veteran cleanup

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: veteran cleanup
From: Ross Wetmore <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:37:00 -0500

It might be worthwhile doing a quickie RFC on the strategy of such things
and fold the summary results into the code as a comment.

Two reasons for building a barracks and one for not ...

1)  City is under constant attack or heavy nearby threat. The heal factor
    for reconstituting units in an action area is worth the barracks cost.

2)  You only need 1 barracks in every 3 or 4 cities. Most cities should not
    be building military units.

3)  City has poor shield resources. Will take forever to build anything so
    the barracks is not effective. City should build improvements and buy
    them when need is pressing - never buy units because of the cost. The
    reverse of this is actually a reason for building a barracks.

Cheers,
RossW
=====