Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Hi, I'm back. aiclient

To: <freeciv-ai-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Hi, I'm back. aiclient
From: "h ke " <stemanolo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:20:54 +0100

0700 (PDT)> >> >Hi,I was working on similar interface during the last weekso I
would like to know if nobody>
have taken the> interface to implementto escape duplicating work.> nikodimka> >
I'm not working at it.Okay,
but do you have any concrete ideas on how it should be implemented? I mean
concrete commands you would
liketo see in the interface.Right now I can telnet to civclient at port 5556and
issue commands like:move 103
nw -- to move unit with id 103 to northwestand get notifications on events like
"unit change" etc.nikodimka.PS
and, yes. the working codename for this interfacebecame "puppeteer".> > --->

Yes, ideally , it'd be a perl/C/python client that opens a socket connection
and have a readline interface to
issue commands.
The family of commands to perform are:
city commands ( get and set)
- create groups of cities, perform actions over groups of cities
- handling what's producing each city
( I think this first step would be interesting, for example for getting money ,
or producing units in certain parts
of the empire ).
unit commands (get and set)

---