Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Hi, I'm back. aiclient

To: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Hi, I'm back. aiclient
From: Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <stemanolo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:06:08 +0200

El Mié 02 Jul 2003 11:16, escribió:
> programmer that now or ever reaches near here.
>
> I understand you. We agree that hard-coding stuff is bad. So there
> need commands to request information. These have to be coded timely
> close to the aiclient development. However there is no need to code
> these all at the start. So you (or someone other) have to extend the
> interface on a regular base.

I'd even say that programming the interface for transmitting the very first
kind of command is the harder part, once it's done, the rest commands will be
far easier, just by comparing with other kind of packets. After all, it's
just rewriting the packets civclient receive from civserver and admitting the
packets from aiclients, which will simulate mouse and keyboard-actions.

In my opinion, it's one of those C codings that with less effort render more
benefits.

By the way,  let's suppose I want to access the last freeciv version, but I'm
reluctant to use CVS (because bandwith, don't know how to configure CVS), is
there snapshot .tar.gz somewhere ?

---
mga