Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Small TODO list for AI

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Small TODO list for AI
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:07:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> Here is a list of smaller, more of less self-contained issues that can be
> worked on by whoever wants to try sink their teeth into the AI code.

Here is a very nice one for starters:
  - Make AI build explorers. Just add a function that evaluates the best
unit to build as explorer, then add some wild ass guess (WAG) as to how
much we want it, perhaps based on amount of unexplored terrain. First
check if the continent is fully explored, though.  That is already done in
aidata.c.

This would help 'easy' AI a lot, but also harder AIs would benefit, since
we'd explore tiles around cities that we then can use.