[freeciv-ai] Small TODO list for AI
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
Here is a list of smaller, more of less self-contained issues that can be
worked on by whoever wants to try sink their teeth into the AI code. Don't
be afraid to ask questions ;) The two AI maintainers (me and Greg) often
hang out on the irc channel #freeciv-dev on irc.freenode.org.
- The AI does not understand that some buildings replace the need for
others. See http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2604
- The AI does not understand that some Wonders become obsolete and should
want them less for it.
- Cleanup of tax code. It needs it, it is very ugly, mixes a lot of
different tasks. See eg http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=185
for the biggest problem.
- Implement the use of common/aicore/cm.c instead of the present worker
allocation code in the server
- AI builds cities without regard to danger at that location. Make it
stop. (We might run assess_danger() on a virtual city, for example.)
- AI doesn't know how to make trade routes or when. It should try to
build trade routes for its best cities (most building bonuses and
least corruption) by moving caravans there and changing homecity.
- Convert more AI code to pf (common/aicore/path_finding.c)
- The AI should clean up more pollution. See
- (PR#814) engineers (settlers?) do not irrigate/upgrade cities' terrain
(their city center) when in mode auto-settler
- (PR#1490) Wonder obsolescence / AI tech goals. The AI should not be so
eager to research techs that would obsolete existing wonders that it has.
(And maybe be more eager to research techs that obsolete enemy wonders?)
This is particularily important concerning Great Library.
- Better coordination of 'Rapture', ie trying to make cities celebrate so
that they can grow, tying in the use of luxuries, elvises and tax. Never
try half-way (as the AI often does now), either go for rapture or only do
as much luxuries as necessary to avoid revolution/unrest.
That's about it, I think. Greg, can you add stuff too?
- [freeciv-ai] Small TODO list for AI,
Per I. Mathisen <=