Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_find

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:57:46 -0800

A quick report:

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> armour-landed.gz
> Distance to city 2, Moves on grass 3. It's possible to get the city and
> have 1 move left to defend against dipls or something else. AI is
> stopping in front of the city. (Ok its not moving away from the city)

Thanks to Pille for the savegame!!!

The culprit is fstk.  It has a choice of two cities, one within one turn
and one 2 turns away.  Both undefended.  Now comes the surprise!

fstk selects the furthest city since it predicts that the city will have
time to build a (crap) defender which will be minced by the Armour but the
Armour will be able to get kudos for both the city and the defender!!

Then the Armour starts moving in the direction of the furthest city,
stumbles upon the nearest, stops bewildered.  Next turn the city is picked
up by ai_unit_rampage, I guess.

Currently I am thinking what is the best way to fix it (the fstk).

In particular if you have a big but city distance 2 turns away (and the
best defender they can build doesn't have a chance against you) and an
undefended but small city distance 1, which do you go for?

G.

P.S. fstk is "find_something_to_kill", btw :)