Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: December 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#2477) Improved Auto-Explore

Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#2477) Improved Auto-Explore
From: "Cameron Morland via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 16:23:36 -0800

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 03:41:35PM -0500, Cameron Morland wrote:

> > > ssh from a windows box over a modem. Ugh.
> > >
> > > Your mods appear to be fine, and I assume that it compiles. It shouldn't
> > > behave
> > > significantly differently.
> >
> > I does compile but I am not 100% satisfied with the behaviour.  See
> > attached savegame (login: aas02101).  After few turns it strays away from
> > the shore.  Also it wasn't terribly eager to explore city tiles, I think
> > you should increase the weight.
>
> OK, I'll take a look at it in early January.

So I lied. :)

I fiddled with the values some more; the problem was that staying
near shore wasn't as valuable as exploring more land. The values
20, 81, 0, 51, 181 are better, and deal correctly with your save
game. I also tried a few other games. It tries much harded to stay
near shore now.

On an unrelated note,
I noticed that huts only get considered during part 1, so a hut
seen during a turn will not be visited until next turn unless
we stumble onto it. If we add 2000 to the score of any tile with
a hut, we will grab them as we go (2000 > 5*(81+181)). You might
incorporate this into the desirability function.

--