Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Massive AI 5

To: "Anthony J. Stuckey" <astuckey@xxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Massive AI 5
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:11:39 -0800 (PST)

--- "Anthony J. Stuckey" <astuckey@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:56:43PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > I'm against sprinkling the AI code with such braindamage. The AI should be
> > limited by a few, well-placed handicaps, not a hundred small pinpricks
> > that complicates the code.
>
>       Yes, and H_PREFER_INEFFICIENT_PRODUCTION can be one of them, although I
> agree with you and not Rahuul.

I was thinking of adding two handicaps. BAD_PRODUCTTION and changing the units
allowed to the easy ai.

I believe the easy AI should be denied musketeers, knights/horseman,howitzers,
mech inf,rifleman,pikemen and musketeers, ironclads, and battleships. I am
certain this will prevent the Easy AI from beating anyone. If someone still
loses to the easy AI after this they are too stupid to help.

The important units are musketeers and ironclads.

This will probably make the Easy AI too easy, but why does Medium and Hard
exist?

> > Using the current tax regime, buying stuff makes the AI go into taxmen
> > mode. That is bad, since the race for getting to Republic as early as at
> > all possible is more important than anything else.
> >
> > So the special case originally added turned out to be contra-productive.
>
>       Upgrading units really hoses the AI too.  We should definitely do
> something to make it understand that disbanding is sometimes the better
> move.

Aloha,
RK.

Tiger, tiger burning bright, in the forests of the night, what immortal hand or
eye, could frame thy fearful symmetry. -William Blake