Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: definitely last version of active diplomats patch

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: definitely last version of active diplomats patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:57:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > Diplomats are not special. They are treated just like any other unit by
> > the AI. I can write a text on this in README.AI once I've cleaned up the
> > use of roles and activities.
>
> Why can't you put the text that you snipped above in one of the files?

I don't want to explain what the AI as a whole is doing in the diplomat
code. This is for HACKING.

> No. It is a kind of pre-patch. A patch which cleans up issues which
> were detected by the bigger patch. This is a common thing.

Ok, will fix.

> > > And exactly this the reason why the CMA dump core if the results
> > > doesn't match.
> >
> > Good point. I won't assert that.
>
> To make sure I got this right:
>
> I said: see you have the same intentions
>
> you said: since the CMA core dumps are annoying/cause a lot of bug
> reports I don't want them anymore in the AI code
>
> Correct?

I'm a big fan of asserts. I just don't think they should be used in
situations like this, where the issue is "there is something I didn't
think of", instead of "something happened which is so wrong we can't
continue".

This is a good place for an error() call :)

> > We assume that the more valuable the city, the better it is defended
> > against conventional attacks...
>
> Can you describe what unit does the gain_incite variable has before
> the multiplication and what afterwards? I think this just doesn't add
> up.

??

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra