Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: How do AI units board a ship?

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: How do AI units board a ship?
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:23:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> Do they walk to it from a great distance and then jump on board, or get
> picket up from a city or walk to the shore and then moved on board?

See my post on ferry code earlier this month for a more thorough
explanation of what the AI does.

In short: It walks up to a certain threshold distance to jump aboard a
ship which is idling in a city.

> In other words, if we remove this idiotic
>       if (ground_unit_transporter_capacity(x1, y1, pplayer) > 0)
> check from the warmap, will AI really suffer.

I have no idea. Loooks like a bad way to do it, but what's new when it
comes to the ferry code... it may be that it uses this assumption
somewhere in the ferry code for all I know.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra