Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: coreai: ai_new_spend_gold() (new version)

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: coreai: ai_new_spend_gold() (new version)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:35:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:
> >- The AI will no longer raise taxes to buy wonders and buildings.
> >
>   Why not? If you are competing for Adam Smith you want it!

Note that it may still buy it, it will just not raise its taxes to get it.
It is too easy to fool it into "perpetual taxmen mode" if we do that.

The previous version capped gold expenditure on wonders at 75 gold. This
artificial limitation has been removed in the new version attached.

Also, a bad bug that would stop not-most-wanted cities from buying
anything has been fixed, the cap on spending for non-danger has been
lowered and we will more easily spend money on upgrades.

Finally, generalised the trireme upgrade code and fixed a bug whereas a
unit attempted to walk through an AI city and ended up with zero movement
inside the city on its way, and was disbanded because the city didn't like
it.

Oh, and fixed bug in upgrade code... which I rewrote to generalise the
trireme upgrade handling. Now much nicer.

> >- I believe I have fixed the "AI will get stuck in taxmen mode" problem.
> >
>   There is another "AI will get stuck in the luxurymen mode
> eventhought there is no population growth.

Yep, but that is in different part of the code, though.

Yours
Per