Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: coreai: ai_new_spend_gold() (new version)

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: coreai: ai_new_spend_gold() (new version)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:18:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi Per,

I didn't read the original code in detail: it frightened me :(

But your code makes sense.  Few comments:

1. It seems that the value assigned to upgrade_limit conflicts with how it
is used in the upgrade_units routine.

2. The numbers 8 and 25 look like good candidates for expansionist
behaviour variables.  Maybe you should make them at least defines, for the
time being.

3. Didn't notice anything being done to triremes...

4. Maybe you can introduce LOG_UPGRADING define to log all upgrade-related
issues.  I'd expect some buggy behaviour (usual thing), so we could catch
bugs easier.

Sorry if my commnets lack depth...

G.