Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2008:
[aclug-L] Video Card Or Power Supply?

To: "Air Capital Linux" <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Video Card Or Power Supply?
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:48:26 -0500

For all you hardware guru's...
How can I tell if it is my power supply going bad or my video card on a six+
year old:
HP Pavilion 521C
Model number: P7482A

Here is what is happening..

Every few minutes the monitor "blinks" (goes black and then the image is
restored)..
..thought that it was the monitor so traded out the monitor and it still
does it..

If you feel it is the power supply..
Where can I order a replacement power supply for this systems "HP"
'Mid-Tower' case and or a replacement case/power supply which its mainboard
will fit into with the correct back plate cut outs?

--David

--
I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.
Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional...