Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2006:
[aclug-L] Re: Win4Lin Pro

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Win4Lin Pro
From: Olwe Bottorff <galanolwe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:41:06 -0800 (PST)

As I understand, it VMWare Player is free, VM Server
also? So if I only want to, say, test how a Web page
looks in WinXP IE, a WinXP runs in a virtual VMWare
session on my Linux, right? How does VMWare (or any of
the others) handle/move files between the OSs? Right
now I have to save things off to a FAT32 partition
since the Linux NTFS drivers don't do writes.

I'd also like to run a virtual BSD, but just as a
server, i.e., without GUI, interacting just in (a)
shell(s). I'd want VM Server, right, or could Player
do this too?

LB