Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2006:
[aclug-L] Non-Computer Question: Seeking Honst Auto Repair Shop

To: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Non-Computer Question: Seeking Honst Auto Repair Shop
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:48:36 -0600

I have a '97 Ford Taurus which has been acting strange..

The starter will not turn over the motor after 'short trips' to the store..
the car has to sit for at least 30 mins.

We replaced the battery thinking that was the troubles but...

When trying to start the car, the starter will not turn over, the head
lights do not even dim!
There is no 'CLICKING' or other sounds coming from the starter!

This started shortly after getting new pan and head gaskets replaced to fix
an oil leak.

We have been told that it is the:
Starter [$400]
Wire [$100 to find the bad wire + parts which could cost $300+]
Emissions or other engine sensor [$1000+]

PepBoys ran their electronic engine test and could not find anything wrong
so did not charge for the test since that was where we had just purchased
the battery.... if they had found anything wrong they would of charged me
for the test.

H E L P !!!  (I will have at most with tax $300 on 04/07/06 to pay for the
repairs)

--David