Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2006:
[aclug-L] Re: If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog would you go

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog would you go to?
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 13:18:06 -0600

Thanks for the info Tom.  The mobo that I had the problems with was on a
via chipset mobo with 512mb of ram and I thought the problem was with
win98se.  RedHat ran ok on this mobo with 512mb of ram and so I didnt
dualboot that pc.  I like your idea to have a dual boot with win98se for
the games.  I have a dual boot with win2k, but now I can't get updates
on the win2k anymore.  I don't think the problem is because I dual boot
with Mandrake 10.1.  I think I need to do a repair on the win2k and then
I have to reinstall lilo.

BTW-- I use seperate hard drives for the different OSs.  I know that I
dont have to but I seem to have less problems with the pc if I do.