Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: Change of Location and Change of Direction

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Change of Location and Change of Direction
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:11:31 -0600

Dale W Hodge wrote:

>(Also posted on Aclug.org website)
>
>At last night's (March) meeting we discussed whether Aclug should remain
>as a presentation group with occasional social events or whether to
>become a social club with occational presentations. While discussing
>this, we had an interesting tentative offer from Eric Dexter of the
>Wichita Eagle - that of a new meeting location.
>
>Assuming approval from The Eagle's management, we could use their
>conference room which has network connections and a LCD projector. This
>would hopefully solve one of our problems with our presentations, that
>of not being able to see the material. It won't solve the problem of
>lack of good topics.
>
>Personally, I think we should become a social group with presentations.
>That way we could always plan on there being a meeting where we could
>discuss whatever problems people might be having. Presentations could be
>shorter and more diverse, since they wouldn't be the driving point of
>the meeting.
>
>What do you think?

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. Like I said on the list I like the
idea of being a social group primarily. Not pressuring for a
presentation every month will hopefully get us better presentations.

As for the Eagle it sounds good to me. A more central location sounds
better, the LCD sounds good, and avoiding WSU parking sounds great.

If we go with the social idea, would we only meet as the eagle if we
didn't have a social, or would we meet there normally? (If we did and
could have food, its close enough for Torre's to deliver (but
unfortunately for John Alexander, they won't deliver Long Island
Ice-Teas :) )).

Clint