Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2005:
[aclug-L] Change of Location and Change of Direction

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Change of Location and Change of Direction
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:42:32 -0600

(Also posted on Aclug.org website)

At last night's (March) meeting we discussed whether Aclug should remain
as a presentation group with occasional social events or whether to
become a social club with occational presentations. While discussing
this, we had an interesting tentative offer from Eric Dexter of the
Wichita Eagle - that of a new meeting location.

Assuming approval from The Eagle's management, we could use their
conference room which has network connections and a LCD projector. This
would hopefully solve one of our problems with our presentations, that
of not being able to see the material. It won't solve the problem of
lack of good topics.

Personally, I think we should become a social group with presentations.
That way we could always plan on there being a meeting where we could
discuss whatever problems people might be having. Presentations could be
shorter and more diverse, since they wouldn't be the driving point of
the meeting.

What do you think?