Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: March Aclug Meeting Topic?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: March Aclug Meeting Topic?
From: Nathaniel Reynolds <k_vortex@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:47:42 -0800 (PST)

Although it's been a long time since I've been to a
meeting, I think it would be interesting for someone
to make a presentation on live Linux CD's.  Maybe a
survey on the CD's available, e.g. Knoppix, Quantian,
Oralux (for Visually Impaired), etc., as well as, if
they are prepared, a discussion of the layout, boot
process, uses, performance, and installation.  Maybe
someone would want to tackle the process for creating
a new distro. I personally don't feel I am quite
knowledgeable to do all this, but maybe someone in the
group could.
For a list of current live distributions, see

Nate Reynolds