Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2004:
[aclug-L] Re: OT: Mower Reapir Needed

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: OT: Mower Reapir Needed
From: DAVID CARMICHAEL <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

Anne:

There is only one hose to check on this 'Lawn Tractor'
[gas] and there was oil all over the muffler and
carburetor which was not there when I had restarted
the mower and there in now no oil in the crank case of
the mower...

And I have been quoted $400++ for a replacement engine
for this mower.... and I only paid $699+Tax when it
was new... 7+ years ago..

I was also told by the person that I was talking to he
was surprised that due to age that the engine "was"
still running after five years due to a bad "Splasher"
design in the model of engine which would wear down
with age.

--David