Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2004:
[aclug-L] Re: a question

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: a question
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:39:00 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Kirk Lancaster wrote:

> How much money would it take to develop a discussion forum for Kansas
> university faculty using slashcode?  How long would it take?

That depends on the person doing the work.

> The faculty at the Kansas public universities (ESU, FHSU, KSU, KU, KUMC,
> PSU, WSU) do not collaborate or cooperate very well.  One problem is a

If you're looking for a collaboration tool, a Wiki would probably be more
appropriate than Slashcode.  TWiki tends to be my preference because of
the ability to have security.

> this conclusion (but using different terms).  My salary is about 10% lower
> than the national average (which is, according to the February, 2004 issue
> of the AMS Notices, $80,221 for full professors at Group 3 PhD math depts.).
> The salaries at KU and KSU are not much better overall.)

How does your cost of living compare to the national average?  My brother
in San Francisco makes quite a bit more than I do, but I live better than
he does and I support a family of three, where he's single.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
I don't have TIME to be charming...