Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2004:
[aclug-L] Re: File too short

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: File too short
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:16:25 -0600

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 16:11, bbales wrote:
> Yes, the ' -o rw ' allowed me to write and delete files.
> I was able to copy the file libc-2.2.4.so to its proper place in /hda2/lib,
> but unfortunately it still wouldn't boot.

same error?

did you create the symbolic link (libc.so.6)?

> So I went back in and deleted both libc.so.6 and libc-2.2.4.so and reran the
> RH7.2 install as upgrade thinking it would replace the missing files.  It
> didn't do anything.  At least it was quick.

what version of RH was installed previously ... if it was already 7.2,
then an upgrade won't do anything (it only checks the RPM database, not
the actual files, for things that need to be upgraded)... makes sense
that it was fast if you were trying to upgrade 7.2 with 7.2, since all
versions in the RPM database on your hdd would be >= to the versions on
the cds...

-g-

--
"...I look straight in the boardroom; a modern Pharaoh's tomb
I'd gladly swap places, if they care to dive