Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Controlling Spam

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Controlling Spam
From: Kirk Lancaster <lancaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:38:01 -0600

James wrote:

"Ow, how did I escape this

"I have had this email for several years (1998?) and it has maybe 1 spam=20
week (100+ emails which I don't call spam (mailing-lists, mplayer, zaurus
aclug, etc, & most of those are filtered well (Thanks Dale) ))

"Even on my yahoo account I average less than 1 a day (maybe 2 a week)
Admittedly both places WSU (though I suspect not) and Yahoo may be filter
ing."

I believe Mark (Arrasmith) filter's e-mail to Riemann (e.g. =20
*@math.wichita.edu) using some commercial software.  I do not know if thi=
s=20
also filters e-mail to *@kirk.math.twsu.edu (which should be=20
*@kirk.math.wichita.edu if UCATS does what it claims to).  Does anyone ha=
ve=20
any idea about this?
I also get a fairly small amount of spam (perhaps 5 per day).  I do not k=
now=20
the precise reason.  (I assume stuff from sears.com,  "Travelocity.com",=20
ThinkGeek Overlords, etc. do not count as spam since I have done business=
=20
with them.)
Kirk