Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2003:
[aclug-L] Quoted-Printable Problem (Was: Re: Controlling Spam)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Quoted-Printable Problem (Was: Re: Controlling Spam)
From: James Lancaster <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:54:12 -0600

> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 10:00 pm, you wrote:
> > abcjr.abcjr.net id hAK2xp6H057119
> >
> > I would say turn off quoted printable encoding in your MUA.  This is
> > a very old problem.
> >
> > http://www.faqs.org/faq-maintainers/mail-archive/1997/May/0084.html
>
> The header of the message with all the 'equal 20s' in it  has a line
> and the message properies is set to "allow 8 bit."  The other choice=3D=
20
> for message properties is "mime compliant (quoted printable)"  From=3D2=
0
> this, I assume that quoted printable is turned off.

I am pretty certain now that it is something that changed on the list, if=
=20
you go and look at bruce's postings before this, they don't have "quoted=20
printable"=20
My messages don't have this appear before 2003-08-14 (but it does appear=20
on & after 2003-10-02)
In both cases the mailer is kmail and the version hasn't changed between=20
the non-=3D20s and the =3D20s
I have tried resetting the wordwrap, as that seems to have helped at one=20
time. (consider this a test, also encoding=3Dus-ascii)

James L