Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux Time-Table

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux Time-Table
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:30:52 -0600

I disagree with Jonathan Hall's statement.  People may not know
everything about how to install or compile programs, but they would like
an OS that doesn't crash all the time or get viruses.  Most computer
users only know how to use a few programs, surf the net and get email.
 Once the GUI is setup, it looks like Mac or M$.  They would be very
happy with linux if they just knew that it existed.  All of the
visistors to my house love the look of linux, it just doesn't run all of
their windoze software.  Several people at work asked me if it is a new
Mac OS and how I like it.  I tell them that I love it!

Now someone wants me to install linux in spanish since he can't afford
to buy the spanish version of windoze.  I'll install it if he reads to
me what it says on the screen, my spanish skills are outdated.  Could
someone who has tried installing linux in another language let me know
if they had any problems.  ~Anne