Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2002:
[aclug-L] Can I make my own Linux distro?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Can I make my own Linux distro?
From: Patrick Klee <misterp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Nov 2002 21:43:50 -0600

Hi,
I am trying to figure out if I can make my own Linux distro.  After
looking at linuxiso.org there has got to be over 50 to 100
distrobutions.  I don't know for certain, and I am sure it's on the net,
I just can't find it.  For example learning how to make install scripts,
even the packaging system.  I just think it would be cool, if I could
have a Kleenix for Klee's Linux Distro and even have my own packaging
sytem, like instead <packagename>.deb or .rpm, mine could be .kle or
.klee, I thought I heard in a mag, somewhere that anyone with knowledge
of Linux, packaging, shells and install scripts could make their own
distro.  If anyone can help me, like let me know if it's possible, or
point me to a website, because I tried several search engines, and the
Linux Doc Project, with no avail.

Thanks,
Patrick