Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Things to do with older computers.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Things to do with older computers.
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:44:43 -0500

Uses for older pc's that aren't working:

Door stops and boat anchors always come up in geek-like conversations.
A roach motel -- we have seen severe roach infestations in computers at
work and I have seen swarms of roaches kill a power supply.
A rodent motel -- at work we have also seen computers and printers with
mouse dropping in them -- really grosses out most people as well as
being a health hazard.

Some people have talked about modifying computers to have extra fans and
cutouts for extra ventilation, old computers have a lot of sturdy metal
in them and can be used for spare parts for modifications.  Any other
ideas out there?  ~Anne