Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Klez, Fetchmail and Sendmail

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Klez, Fetchmail and Sendmail
From: keith frost <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 06:58:13 -0700 (PDT)

if a person is running say, outlook at home, and that
person's ISP is running a mailserver with linux.  then
that person gets a virus.  the linux mail server will
very happily send all the emails just like it is
supposed to.  this does not mean it is infected.

yes, some sort of filter/viruswall would be helpful,
but this does not mean that this machine is infected.

did i miss or misundersand something.

--- David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK all I just received the 'Virus' that had started
> showing up yesterday
> with the header as if from:
> Fetchmail (  fetchmail-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx )
>    and
> Sendmail
> !!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Unless I am mistaken both of these are Linux based
> email programs!!
>
> Boy am I glad that I am running 'Norton'!
>
> --David
>

> -- This is the discussion@xxxxxxxxx list.  To
> unsubscribe,
> visit
> http://www.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux