Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2002:
[aclug-L] Linux on Laptop

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Linux on Laptop
From: "Cavgalar, Alexandros (Alex)" <cavgalar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:53:28 -0500

I found laptop from a garage sale for $2.50. The brand is GRID. It's running
on Windows 3.1 and a 14.4K modem, 200 MB HDD space.

I want to install Linux on this poppy. I do not care for GUI interface. I am
planning to use this for simple C and Assembly programming. Maybe every once
in a while to connect to the internet to download necessary small
programming files. Since I never configured Linux on a desktop, I am
concerned about the driver issues. After all, I never heard of the brand.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks,

Alexandros Cavgalar
Component Engineer
Lucent Technologies
8200 E. 34th Circle N  Bldg. 1400
Wichita, KS 67226-1349
316 636 4836
cavgalar@xxxxxxxxxx
This transmission contains information belonging to Lucent Technologies and
maybe confidential and/or legally privileged.  The information is intended
for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the
intended  recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing,distributing or
copying this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
email in error, please contact the sender named above.