Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Tiny distribution for Gateway Nomad 386 Mhz

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Tiny distribution for Gateway Nomad 386 Mhz
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:40:43 -0600

I'm quite sure there's no way to get the functionality you want in only 20
MB of disk space. One of the lightest dists I found would barely fit on a
100 MB Zip disk. And that was working very hard to get X installed.
(Although if you do have a parallel port Zip Drive there is/was a version of
Slackware that could run from a Zip Drive) You don't say how much RAM you
have installed, but a 386 with a 20mb disk probabaly doesn't have more than
4Meg of RAM.  Way too little to do anything useful.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Secretary - info@xxxxxxxxx