Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Any good ISPs out there?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Any good ISPs out there?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:00:24 -0600

While I have read and heard both cons' and pros to the following two.. it
just depends on your needs....

If you already have cable service I would suggest 'ROADRUNNER' as a add-on
to your cable service for only 29.95 per month. after purchasing a cable
modem (I have seen priced online from $55 up)

Or if you were like me and can not get a good cable signal so got feed up
with the troubles and dropped cable for satellite many many years ago.. I
choose DSL from SWB... (which I changed to shortly after FEIST was purchased
by OneMain) while they seem to keep having DHCP and DNS troubles... PPOE
customers do not have the troubles... I have had no troubles since a billing
troubles that happened at install... (they tried billing me for DSL on both
phone lines when only one was being used with DSL).. but also I was one of
the first DSL residential customers in Wichita and shortly after the
install, SWB used my home to show installer trainees a correct connection.

I have a home network sharing the connect using a Linksys DSL single port
router and a network hub.

--David