Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Cyrix M2

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cyrix M2
From: Anne McCadden <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:55:23 -0600

Cyrix CPU chips were made by IBM and yes they are phased out, they had a
high failure rate and it sounds like your CPU is one of the longer
living chips that are still out there.  You might be able to replace the
CPU with an AMD socket 7, the mobo documentation should let you know.
As far as the memory, you may need to get PC66 DIMMS, if your mobo
doesn't recognize the full memory size.  They can be ordered off the
internet or from the National Computer store.  If you buy them from the
store, we install the memory for free.  If the memory doesn't work with
your computer then there isn't a charge.  We also test memory for free.
Sometimes we have the PC66 DIMMS in stock and sometimes not.  You can
also check with the Outlet store to see what they have, they are open
from Tues-Thurs 4pm to 7pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm.

I hope that this helps you and good luck upgrading.  Anne