Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Strange Computer Problems

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Strange Computer Problems
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Nov 2001 09:12:28 -0600

Unless the heatsink some how came off seated, or the fan isn't working
well I don't thin its one as it worked for over a year

2 The 256 meg simm is one I bought at the saturday sale, before this
started happening. It recognizes the memory though. Would bad memory
cause reboots when heat in the case built up?

I like your solution, except I'll probably get a 1600+, its about the
same price I just need to decide between the gigabyte  7vTXE, or Soyo
K7v DRAGON + . And just to be sure I better get a new video card, either
a radeon 7500 or a geforce 2 TI 64

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 07:41, Andrew Peck wrote:

> You know, I had that same combo (the amd 500 and the gigabyte MB) for quite
> a while and for some raeson it didn't like windows at all.  That was the
> reason I switched to linux and there it rean great.  My thoughts on your
> problem are, 1. your proccessor is overheating, try I beefier cooling fan
> and maybe some thermal paste.  2. check the memory you have running,  I
> found that I couldn't run my 256M chip at all... if all of that fails...
> well I broke down and upgraded to a 1.4Ghz.
>
> --Andrew J Peck
> The fact is that we will lose freedoms, not for security, but for the
> perception of security
> -unremembered slashdot poster

Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Programmer Analyst
Inetic Web Development
---
Black holes are where God divided by zero.