Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Strange Computer Problems

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Strange Computer Problems
From: Ironrose <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:55:25 -0600

If the computer is completely shutdown, then it sounds like the power
supply.  I vote for this solution.  You could try another power supply
for a few days to see if that fixes the problem, if it doesn't solve the
problem, then return the power supply back to the store and look for
another solution.

The video chip may be getting too hot and causing a shutdown.  I'm
reaching a little on the video, but it is possible.

Do you have power saving features on in the BIOS or in the windows
settings?  Some hardware doesn't work well when the power saving modules
kick in.  Some hardware goes into a coma and won't wake up.  ~Ironrose