Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: MTAs & maildir vs mbox (was Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP serv

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: MTAs & maildir vs mbox (was Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP server)
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:35:27 -0500

I've tried EXIM, POSTFIX, QMAIL and SENDMAIL. All of them seem to do the job,
each with it's own little quirks.  But I've settled on Sendmail for one basic
reason: If I have a problem, I can easily find someone who knows the solution;
whereas with the others, the problems took a while longer to resolve.

Qmail has some odd licensing restrictions, which is why there's no Debian
package for it.

Postfix, IIRC, is what powers aclug.org.

Exim has some really nifty features, but few people seem to be able to answer
questions about it.

I think this is one of those times that you'll have to try each one out and draw
your own conclusions, as there isn't any real cut and dried answer, IMO.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Secretary & Website Maintainer - info@xxxxxxxxx