Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Hacking Linux Exposed

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Hacking Linux Exposed
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:50:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Well, there's always the argument that Linux technology moves so fast
> that the book will be essentially useless by Christmas and the 5th
> edition will be out!  Of course if she becomes a kernel hacker, she'll
> see through that argument...

hmm...  might have to try that one...  don't think she'll be doing much
more than e-mail, web-browsing or icq any time soon...  she can login and
get around X...that's good enuf for me!  :^ )

on the otherhand, there is the argument that NIMDA (sp?) exploits many old
security holes, so the technology discussed in the books are of use on
networks w/ Sys Admins who don't keep their system up to date... : ^ )

which of course wouldn't be mine!  never!  not me! : ^ )

gLaNDix