Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: KDE or Gnome?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: KDE or Gnome?
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:00:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Bruce Bales wrote:

> If you have decided it must be KDE or Gnome, then there's no use my suggesting
> something else, but Windowmaker loads so much faster and does a great job on
> everything I've tried.  If you have time to try Windowmaker for a few hours, I
> suggest you do it.  You might like it.
> bruce

yeah, Window Maker has always been one of my favs...  the only thing that
sux about it is if you want to do any development in WINGs, you're
basically on your own...  i tried to learn some earlier, but there's
virtually no documentation, and some of the WM authors can really be
assholes (look at the history of wm-dev or wm-user mailing lists)...
other than that, it is a great product!  i'd love to see it in action w/ a
full GNUstep environment, but unfortunately GNUstep apps are WAY to slow
on my poor system... : ^ )  maybe when i get that 2GHz...  10 years from

gLaNDix